But with the help of a few tricks here and there you can balance out the effect. Here are 5 tips that can help you enjoy the festive season and curb your cravings.
- Increase the Protein Level: While drooling over snacks and sweets you need to take care of the food intake. Increase the level of protein in your diet by adding more of chickpeas, pulses and cottage cheese to your meal. Protein improves your metabolism and keeps you full. Thus, reducing your appetite and avoiding binge eating.
- Hydration is the key: During the festive season we end up eating (oily and heavy snacks) or drinking (sodas, alcohol, aerated drinks) more than regular which can lead to dehydration. It is essential to drink 2-3 liters of water every day helping the digestive system to perform better.
- Small home workouts: A 15-20 minutes workout session can help you go a long way. It will keep you active throughout the day and burn those extra calories. The best to survive through this festive season is to follow your workout routine even if it is not regular.
- Heart those nuts: While in a party with your friends and family keep those nuts and dry fruits at the top of your food list. This does not mean you can eat as much as you want, since the dry fruits are high in calories reduce the portion size. Eating nuts will not only keep you full but also reduce the amount of snacks and sweets you binge over.
- Don’t forget to walk: Once you are done with eating try going for 15-20 minutes walk as it will help in better digestion of food. If you feel bloated or hungover then a small session of brisk walk is suggested.
In the end, IT’S DIWALI! Enjoy it to the fullest and don’t forget to follow these tips. Let us know in the comment section whether these tips were helpful or not!
HAPPY DIWALI!~ Nupur Rathore