Exercise to Improve Hormonal Imbalance
hormonal Imbalance has become a prominent health issue these days. Frequent weight gain, adult acne, stress, depression, mood swings and insomnia are a few symptoms of hormonal imbalance. Hormones play a major role in maintaining our mental, emotional and physical well being. Physical activity, healthy lifestyle habits and a nutritious diet are the best solutions to improve your hormone levels, allowing you to feel and perform well. Retreating towards medicines and other prescribed drugs may not always be the best solution to improve hormonal health. Physical activities alone have a profound influence on hormone levels. Here are a few exercises which you can include in your daily routine and better your hormonal health:
1. HIIT: High-Intensity Interval Training is one of the most effective exercises to
balance hormones. A 12-20 minute session three times a week is suggested.
HIIT does not just improve the heart and lung health but also increases HGH
(Human Growth Hormone) and improves insulin sensitivity.
2. Strength Training: Strength training lowers the risk of osteoporosis, which is a
risk as we head towards menopause. A basic full-body routine two-three times a
week will do the needed.
3. Functional Training: Functional training like squats, lunges, push-ups, pull-ups
and crunches are good options to enhance the hormonal health. These exercises
release feel-good hormones which help boost the overall well being.
4. Yoga & Pilates: Yoga and pilates have commendable benefits. These exercises
not only improve posture, flexibility and strength but also mood and stress. Also,
it is one of the best solutions for anti-ageing.
5. Walking: Everyday try to achieve the goal of 10,000 steps. It’s easy, fun and
offers amazing results.
6. Less sitting time: We know you have a hectic work schedule and it’s difficult to
get up from that seat. Try to take a 2-minute break after every hour.
~ By Nupur Rathore